Last Updated on June 9, 2021 by PATRICIA LINDA
A meat grinder is an essential kitchen appliance that makes our work easy and comfortable. A perfect maintenance system can keep this for a long time. So, you need to know step by step cleanness process. No one wants to buy a meat grinder for a short time.
Meat grinder deals with rotten type meat. So need to clean after use. The cleaning process is a simple and easy way if you can do it perfectly. After using a meat grinder, if not will clean perfectly, then grows bacteria and germs there. You and your family will be sick from it. So, you will need to clean the meat grinder perfectly. This article gives you a perfect solution to how to clean a meat grinder step by step.
How to clean Meat Grinder step by step?
All meat grinders have some usable common parts or accessories that are easy to run it. It can preserve its functions individually. However, you will need to clean it like (some slice of bread, sponge or damp cloths, soap or detergent, lukewarm water, scrubber or brush, bottle brush, Dishwashing sink or big bowl, spray bottle, food-grade oil, rice, plastic big bag, refrigerator, bleach water and dry storing place. Follow some necessary instructions and protect your meat grinder.
- Clean the inside parts
After finish, the grinding brings out all crush meat from the meat grinder. In grinding time, there can be stuck fat of meat and grease remaining inside it. So, you can put some bread slices to feed the grinder to remove all kinds of stuff. It will help to come out all of the remaining parts of meat fat and grease.
- Unplug and allow to rest
Firstly, you should unplug the switch for an electric meat grinder. After using it would be getting very hot. So allow taking rest in a place for cold. Then you can touch it without any difficulties.
- Disassemble the grinder parts
When the meat grinder is getting cold, time to disassemble all the parts from inside the meat grinder. You can remove the necessary things like (Cutting blade, grinding plate, auger, feeding tube, screw, blades, gear cover, pusher, and hopper) that are detachable inside or outside in the meat grinder. If that is a manual meat grinding, then you can check which parts are removable?
- Wash the grinder easily with the hand
You have to know electric or manual grinder washing process is different. If it is electric, then you will not soak it in soapy and hot water. It can spoil your grinder. You should clean with your hand softly with soapy water. If manual, then it can soak in your dishwashing basin with soapy water. Warm soapy water can clean meat fat and grease. In washing, time is aware of sharp blades and other parts. And make sure not to blunt the cutter blade. Because blunt blades not useful for next grinding meat.
If you want to remove bacteria and germ from all parts, then you can use baking soda or vinegar with warm soapy water. It is very effective for this part. And be aware not to attach any soap within it. IF it happens, then meat grinder parts will look discolored.
- Never use dishwasher
The electric meat grinder did not put in the dishwasher. It can break some parts when cleaning is running. Then it will destroy to make some mistake. So read the instruction book always.
- Clean the motor
Electric or manual meat grinders have a motor that runs them nicely. So clean the grinder motor with a dry and soft damp cloth.
- Need to scrub the parts
When you bring out all the parts from the meat grinder, then needed to clean them properly. Scrubbing is an essential portion to clean nicely. In washing time, parts should be scrub gently. Otherwise, it will be spoil in color side and legibility. Use a sponge or cloth to rub the external parts. For internal parts, you can use a bottle brush to clean the corner side directly. It can help you to remove grease, fat oil of meat, and residual meat. Then rinse the grinder parts with clean normal water.
- Perfectly dry of all parts
You have to patient to dry the meat grinder parts. You will wait to avoid rust and air oxidation. You can use a dry towel to wipe parts and keep that aside for a time until it will not dry perfectly.
Assemble all the part
After cleaning all the parts, you will need to assemble all the accessories of a meat grinder. Two different types of meat grinders are electric and manual that have some processes.
- Firstly, check the power cord that connected with power or not.
- Tighten the T link with the screw perfectly.
- Then insert the screw pushing bar and fixing the Auger into the T link that already attaches.
- Attach the Four-leaf blade, round knife, handle cap, hopper, and stainless steel square plate step by step to the T link. Make sure all the parts should be tightening correctly.
Why is storing so necessary?
Store the meat grinder is very important for durability. If you want your next grinding meat would be perfect textures, then you should follow some rules.
- You do not waste your time storing it with the help of spray (Food Mineral Oil) or use any oil. It helps prevent rust and corrosion. Generally, the oil is good to lubricate perfectly. You can use a spray bottle or plastic sheet or wrap or sponge and dry cloths instead of coating that.
- Another way is that save the time to cover with a plastic bag that is full of rice. Rice is good to absorb moisture. In this way, your meat grinder will dry and do not be rust anymore. You can use it for a long time later.
- If you have space in your refrigerator to keep the meat grinder in disassemble parts. The meat Grinders keep in safely for your future uses. It is one of the cold places to store that without any rust. You can use easily use it when you want to use it. Remember one thing that will not spray any oil over the accessories when put in the refrigerator.
You can consider any dry place. Where do not have any water or moisture that can damage your grinder? So, you will need to take care of where you put your appliance.
Why is storing so necessary?
Grinding blades is the most significant parts of a meat grinder. Dull or blunt blades cause damage to your meat that process for cooking. So need to sharp when it can get a little bit blunts by the professional master. On the other hand, you can buy new blades instead of the old ones with your possibility. Stainless steel and carbon steel are in the grinder blades of users. But stainless steel is better than carbon. There (2 inches, 21/8 inches, or 37/8 inches) cutting blades are commonly used. After some time, you can change the grinder blades if you will think.
Future cleanups way
What do you think your work done? No, not yet. It is not time to fix the plan for the future. So, this future cleans process gives you fresh mince from a meat grinder.
- In grinding time, make sure the meat will cold. All the parts are also cold and clean.
- All blades will sharp if needed.
- Cut and trim your meat perfectly, and avoid sinew. In eating time sinew give unpleasant taste. So, you will need to remove it in grinding of meat time in a while.
- Make sure the meat dish, bowl, or plate also clean.
Tips to properly clean the meat grinder.
- The grinder can infect by bacteria. So you will need to spray bleach water in all the parts before use.
- Don’t use a dishwasher because some parts will dull or blunt.
A meat grinder is a helpful kitchen appliance. Always have to aware of it clean and hygiene when grinding the meat. Otherwise, you will never be able to use it next time. So, you can read the above topic about the cleaning process and use it for a long time. Make sure to eat healthy and delicious food for yourself and your family.
Leave a Reply